Late Breaking Abstract Submission is now closed.
Late Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline July 13, 2015
Abstract Review by WCN Scientific Committee July, 2015
Acceptance Notifications & Publication Online July - August, 2015
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
- The presenting author is expected to attend and register for the WCN 2015congress and present the poster or oral presentation. One person may only present up to two abstracts at the congress, but may be a co-author of more.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- All WCN 2015 abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Abstracts may be edited by the Scientific Program Committee before publication online and in the Journal of the Neurological Sciences
- Abstracts may be accepted for presentation at the congress, but not for publication in the Journal.
- Abstracts that were published at previous events/in other publications, i.e. encore abstracts, cannot be accepted.
- Only work that has received proper patient and/or Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval, as necessary, will be accepted. A statement indicating that approval has been granted should be incorporated into the abstract. Applicants are required to confirm that approval has been granted within abstract submission as follows:
- I have obtained patient and/or Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval, as necessary.
- An Institutional Review Board (IRB) and/or Animal Use Committee have waived the requirement for their formal approval of the study.
ABSTRACT PRESENTATION FORMATS
- WCN 2015 abstracts will be reviewed and assigned to appropriate sessions.
- Abstracts will be selected for WCN 2015 poster Presentation and a limited number of abstracts will be scheduled for oral presentation.
- Please view the preliminary program to see allocation of oral abstract sessions
- The total number of oral presentations accepted will be defined during the abstract review process in May 2015
- Authors will be notified of acceptance and the format of presentation.
- Instructions for preparation of oral or poster presentations will be sent together with acceptance notifications in June 2015
- During abstract submission you will be asked for presentation type preference - the Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors' preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
The Abstract should be as informative as possible. Abstracts should use the following structured format:
- Patients and Methods / Material and Methods
1) Standard abbreviations may be used.
2) Inclusion in the Scientific Program and Congress publications is dependent upon payment of registration fees.
3) Abstracts should be submitted in good English, as to facilitate fair scientific evaluation.
4) Abstract length should not exceed 250 words.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details:
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
Presentation type – please choose from one of the following:
- Poster presentation
- Oral presentation
Author and co-authors' details: (maximum of 10 authors)
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
Abstract title - limited to 25 words in Sentence Structure
Abstract text – limited to 250 words (Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
Abstract topic – abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose from the list of topics.
Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link above allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review.
- Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- You will receive confirmation that your abstract has been received, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact the Secretariat if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been received.
- All submitted abstracts will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Notifications regarding status will be sent once the review process is complete.